For Web Developers, it is essential to have a private server for the development environment with all the root access. VPS (Virtual Private Server) is the only option for the developers to gain the advantages of a dedicated server without paying any additional charges.
In general, VPS hosting classified into two types Windows VPS hosting and Linux Hosting. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the advantages and benefits possessed by the website developers with the Windows VPS Hosting.
Before getting in-depth, let us brush up with some basics of Windows VPS Hosting
Windows VPS Hosting – What Does It Mean?
As the name insists, the hosting operation carried on Windows Platform. Windows VPS hosting imitates the function and performances of the dedicated server even though several sites shares its physical server.
Picking Windows VPS hosting would suits better for the website developers who are intended to install windows applications like ASP .NET, ASP, Microsoft SQL, and so on their websites. In fact, developers who are sound in technical knowledge can opt for the unmanaged windows VPS hosting in order to have autonomous control.
At the same time, unmanaged VPS hosting is not preferred to the newbie developer or developers who have little technical knowledge.
How Does Windows VPS Hosting Works?
VPS hosting works with the concept of sharing the physical server with more number of sites at a time. However, web developers manage to run multiple sites in the same physical server with the aid of the virtual layer provided by the web-hosting provider.
The virtual layer installed by the web-hosting provider by using virtualization technology. Virtual layer creates virtual walls and separates the server into individual compartments. Web developers can install their own OS or software on these compartments.
The virtual walls created by the virtual layers act to secure the compartments and separate the files of multiple sites on the OS level.
Reasons Web Developers to Use Windows VPS Hosting for Website Growth
As the business grows and the website attracts more visitors, website owners can consider upgrading the hosting plan. A VPS hosting plan can be pocket-friendly solutions that offer a variety of benefits such as better safety and security, better control of the site and exclusive use of resources. This control panel available with hosting helps streamline the business processes.
Complete Admin Access
VPS hosting offers the flexibility to customize the plan that best suits well according to specific business needs. Moreover, it offers complete freedom to control the server. Some VPS providers will offer various hosting plans to choose from, each with specific processing power, storage capacity, memory, and others.
Update Quickly & Easily
The virtual nature of Windows VPS hosting is to improve that hosting environment in such a way that it can fit well to develop a website. It does not take much time or complexity to update hosting plan as the business grows.
Easier Business Management
If business owners want to get the best results on their websites then they need to host their websites and run it consistently on the best hardware. This ensures the site loads very fast and the server can do optimization perfectly.
A Higher Level Of Security
The window VPS hosting offers full safety to the website and data. All the website data stored separately from other VPS user data and that ensure data security. Even if another VPS account infected by malware, it is almost impossible to influence your VPS account.
More Control Of Your Site
Unmanaged Windows VPS hosting is equipped with full administrative controls. This allows developers or users to set and adjust the server operation as required, and to install and use any additional software.
Windows VPS hosting has now become a choice for all size businesses. Hosting on Windows VPS accounts is much cheaper than other specific hosting types. It costs a little more than a shared server but offers the benefits of something closer to a dedicated server. Moreover, the Windows VPS hosting solution offers additional functionality just like the dedicated hosting server, without cost a lot.
Telltale Signs for Developers to Go For Windows VPS Hosting
- In Need of Top-Notch Security Features – An increase in website traffic is relative with the necessity to install advanced security measures. Website Developers may want to consider Windows VPS hosting to improve security features, advanced monitoring capabilities, and improved website reliability, more backup space, for offering reliable resources as well as top-notch security solutions to their developing sites. In addition, Windows VPS hosting plans have integral security features that protect the website from any web attackers.
- To Install Custom Software – If website developers are in need of using a custom server configuration, or to install custom software for advanced programming then shifting to windows VPS platform is highly recommended. Similarly, some billing, standard bookkeeping, tax alike integrative programs require not only high-speed internet but also server availability at all time.
- In Need of Budgetary Hosting Plan – Running out of budget and in need of budgetary and secure hosting features, then website developers opting Windows VPS would be the best choice. Windows VPS hosting has emerged as a successful market leader because of its reliable service in a small budget, with web developers, entrepreneurs, compatible software developers for e-commerce, multimedia applications and database applications with other data storage facilities.
- To Avoid Server Errors – When facing a lot of server errors like “Service Unavailable”, “50X Errors” or any “Internal Server Errors” when the business starts experiencing high growth than its time for the developers to switch to Windows VPS hosting. By opting Windows VPS hosting developers can make sure about their site gains a good reputation.
- To Run Ecommerce Website – If owners planned to include or start an eCommerce business with their existing business website then website developers serious needs to consider about switching to Windows VPS hosting. Because Windows VPS hosting offers safer and dedicated hosting environment that can secure the confidential information like credit card details of consumers or any other financial information from getting leaked.
Why Opting Windows VPS Hosting is Beneficial for Website Developers?
- Windows VPS Hosting offers the complete advantages of Virtual Private Server.
- Unlike others, Windows VPS hosting can easily be augmented as needed.
- Website Developers can avail the advantages of Big Brand Microsoft’s Benefits on opting Windows VPS hosting for developing their sites.
- Windows VPS hosting offers advanced software and with great additional features along with proper guides, tutorials and customer service options for the website developers.
- Websites Developers can utilize other Microsoft products for their site’s daily operations.
- Developers can find similar kind of interfaces as Microsoft adapts for their products over the years in Windows VPS hosting.
- Windows VPS hosting offers more flexibility and the variable option to the web administrators or website developers.
- Website Developers can find easy to arrange all the resources of the website in answer the specific queries in Windows VPS hosting.
- The most subtle benefits of using Windows VPS hosting for the website developers would be the desktop access. Yes! Developers can access their desktop from any location to the Windows VPS server.
To be a successful website developer, the developer needs to develop a site that matches the owner’s requirement and it should attract potential consumers. A good performing website can drive a high amount of traffic day-by-day and it forces developers’ to upgrade the site’s resources.
As the Windows VPS hosting offers a wide range of features just like the dedicated hosting for a cheaper price, opting Windows VPS hosting would be the wise choice for the website developers to witness their success.
Also read: Top Technological trends to follow in 2019
Vivek is an Outreach specialist for Blogs. He is also a writing enthusiast fond of healthy and happy living. He believes Knowledge gets better when shared. So he founded The Mindful Bytes as a platform for people who love to read and write anything that has to do with Health, Tech, Business, Finance, and Lifestyle.